I’m Cameron Eagans. I build tools that make developers’ lives easier.
I also created composer-patches, which is widely considered a part of the standard Composer workflow for Drupal developers.
I grew up in Boise, ID, which is what I consider to be one of the best kept secrets of the pacific northwest. It’s small, but it’s home.
Want to get in touch? Feel free to email me or @ me on Twitter.
Some things that I’ve built:
- composer-patches: A Composer plugin that applies patches to project dependencies.
- composer-configurable-plugin: A simply way for Composer plugin authors to make their plugins configurable via composer.json flags or environment variables.
- samlauth: A simple SAML authentication module for Drupal 7 and 8.
- media_acquiadam: Acquia DAM’s integration with Drupal 8.
- complex_field: A proof of concept of fieldable fields for Drupal 8.
- docker-bg-sync: A Docker container that syncs files between two configurable directories (a workaround for filesystem slowness on Docker for Mac).
- chip8: An incomplete, minimally functional Chip8 emulator written in Go.
- 3D printing
Q: Are you looking for work?
A: Not really, but if you think you’ve got something really unique, take a look at my resume and email me with some details. I’m always happy to chat about an opportunity. Just to set expectations properly, I’m probably not interested in Drupal or PHP work, and I’m definitely not interested in relocating. I’m not opposed to working in an office in the Boise area, but I’d prefer remote if possible.
Q: Is this blog still active?
A: Sort of. It’s kind of a perpetual goal of mine to write more and keep my blog updated, but life has a way of getting in the way.
Q: What is this site built with?
A: Hugo. It used to be built with Jekyll, but Ruby dependencies are somewhat annoying in my opinion. Hugo is much easier to deal with.
Q: Is that really your desk in the picture?
A: No. That photo is by Kaur Kristjan on Unsplash. Someday, I’ll put a picture of my workstation there.
Q: Do you really look like that cartoon avatar IRL?
A: No, sorry.